About Serai Tiger
The Camp Serai Tiger is situated at the fringe of Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR), about 205 km from Nagpur in Central India. This beautiful place is located at a distance of about 4 Km from the Moharli Gate of TATR, close to the south-western tip of the core area. Our resort is located amidst two seasonal water streams feeding into small lakes frequented by tigers, leopards, sloth bears, gaur (bison), wild dogs, sambar, cheetal, four horned antelope, barking deer, gazelle, nilgai, flying squirrel and many species of birds.
The birds make it an ornithologist's paradise, with over 195 species, including serpent eagle, honey buzzard, paradise fly catcher, aquatic birds, owlet and raptors. Reptiles include marsh crocodile, rat snake, python, Indian cobra and the king cobra that are sighted more often than others. Insects are present in large numbers, the exciting ones being 70 odd varieties of spiders and butterflies. These animals are almost sighted throughout the year, with enhanced success rate during the winters and summers.
- 11 Tented accommodation with attached WC and Bath.
- Rooms are Air conditioned.
- Electricity backup through Generator.
- Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Buffet is served for large groups while table serving is arranged for small groups or families.
- Bottled water, soft drinks, snacks and other available items are charged separately.
- Liquor is not served at the resort.